Inspiring articles to start the week off right…
Starting the week off with great finds from around the web!
Low poly feature image via.
Early morning reads to get your morning started right…
- Check out this archive of screenshots capturing the beauty of computer malfunctions. People are so creative. via
- Have you ever tried Google Trends? It’s interesting to see what people are searching for online.
- If you like Google trends, you might also enjoy Hashtagify which lets you search links between hashtags, popularity of words, and many other interesting analytics. Even more like this here.
- Here’s an inspiring article with tips on how to learn faster.
These artisans have taken traditional home furnishings and reimagined them beautiful and interesting ways. I would love to fill my home with show pieces like the ones in this list.
#Designgoals Continue reading
Excellent finds from around the web…
- I love a site that offers copyright free, vintage imagery in the public domain.
- This documentary on the always controversial artist, Robert Mapplethorpe, looks interesting.
- “Architect of the uncertain” seems an appropriate description of artist Leandro Erlich, who creates large scale installations, like this swimming pool that plays with your perceptions.
- Here is a thought provoking article about art, social media and online authenticity.
- The popular tumblr blog Things Organized Neatly has come out with a best of book. If you like beautifully composed collections of stuff this book will enthrall.
- And since Easter is right around the corner – here’s a recipe for deviled egg rabbit feet!
If you’ve been reading my monday morning posts you may have noticed that I have a thing for public domain imagery. I am incredibly inspired by vintage illustrations, and old type faces. There is something both familiar and strange about them that really appeals to me. Continue reading
Links to great reading around the web…
Great articles from around the web to start your Monday off right!
Sharing my favorite article finds to get Monday started in the right direction.
- AN in-depth look into Pantone’s color picks for the fall. It is really interesting to read the thinking and inspiration behind the color choices. Also, the names are just so entertaining – Spicy Mustard, Potter’s Clay, Sharkskin. There’s a real art to it.
- Here’s an interesting idea – “proactive procrastination,” stepping away from one effort to work on another causing ideas from each to mix, therefor strengthening your work. via
- This article gave me a little guilt over how I could be encouraging my daughter’s creativity more, but in an important and inspiring way.
- A quick read introducing a few sites like Pinterest, for collecting inspiration.
- An inspiring redesign of toilet paper packaging. What other mundane objects could be more beautiful?