Here is a list of nine of my favorite sites to visit whenever I am in need of a little visual pick-me-up.
- ArtStack is a fun socially interactive site that allows you to add art from around the web, curate your own collections, and follow other people’s collections. By “stacking” art you like you generate a feed which makes suggestions of artworks based on your preferences. This site also has a great app for mobile viewing. If you don’t want to get involved in all the extras, it’s also easy to simply explore the art on the site which ranges from famous historical works to emerging artists. You can even add your own artwork!
- Artsy is an art database which spans historical, modern, and contemporary works. The site caters to the high end of art by focusing on art from the world’s leading galleries, museum collections, art fairs, and benefit auctions. Artsy can be used to discover, learn about, and even buy art. It is a great way to research what is trending in the world’s art institutions.
- Beautiful/Decay is my absolute favorite place for amazing art and design. The work featured on this site is cutting edge, exciting and a little on the dark side.
- Owned by Adobe, Behance is a leading online platform to showcase and discover creative work. It is a portfolio building and sharing site for artists and designers, a place to find creative jobs, and a fun site to search for inspiration.
- Booooooom! Is a wonderful art blog that showcases contemporary and emerging artists. There is a lot of variety on this blog, with a strong showing of really great illustrative work.
- Artists inspire artist was created with the goal of building a community of artists with a passion for inspiring each other through their work. Many of the blog posts are written by the artists themselves, which is a lovely personal touch. Since artists are often submitting their own work through the site it is a great source for finding new and emerging talent.
- For all things drawing, doodlers anonymous is a great site for some delicious eye candy.
- The Jealous Curator is an art blog showcasing contemporary art curated by the sites founder Danielle Krysas. The idea behind the blog being that Danielle is showing work that makes you think “Damn, I wished I’d thought of that!”
- ArtisticMoods is a lovely blog run by Sandra Apperloo, devoted to sharing daily art inspirations from beginning and advanced contemporary artists around the globe.
What are some of your favorite sites for inspiration?